Liposuction Procedures Are Rising Worldwide

17 October 2016

According to ISAPS Survey The rate at which men and women are choosing to undergo liposuction surgeries has increased worldwide by 1.4% from 2014 to 2015, according to the results of a global survey by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. In addition, the survey notes that the most liposuction procedures are performed in the United States. Per the survey, 1,372,901 liposuction procedures were performed worldwide in 2014, and 1,394,588 procedures were performed in 2015—a 1.4% increase. A media release from ISAPS notes that liposuction comprises 14.5% of the total number of surgical procedures globally performed by plastic surgeons. The majority (84.7%) are performed on females, while the remaining 15.3% are performed on men. The United States performed the most liposuctions at 17.2% of the countries’ total procedures or 240,565. Brazil comes in second with 182,765 procedures and 13.1% of their total surgeries. Source:

Back to news


  • The Dictatorship of Beauty

    The Dictatorship of Beauty

    Ioannis Liapaki's book MD, Phd

  • Discover Our Creams

    Discover Our Creams

Opsis Clinical

  • Heraklion

    • 48 Anogion str, 71304, Therissos, Heraklion Greece
    • Telephone: +30-2810252452
  • Athens

    • 1 Marathonos str, 10435, Athens
    • Telephone: +30-2810252452
  • Mobile Phone



  • Email



Stay Connected

Follow us on the following social networks

  • Facebook
  • You Tube


  • uems
  • eemm
  • pekah
  • ipras
  • isaps
  • gmc
  • LEAP Global Missions


  • oxford

Εditorial Board

  • clinicsinsurgery


  • Fertility Crete
  • Parktijk Michail